Friday, February 15, 2013

Feb 15th, half off candy....



At this point it’s becoming comical. I went on this semi-awkward first date with "Mr Right-Now" two weeks ago, then he left for vacation and we talked every day. To say that I was into him would be an overstatement; he was drop dead gorgeous but something was missing, I can’t describe it other than he didn’t make my “heart smile.” It’s a sensation that is difficult to explain and I honestly don’t know if the feeling is universal but it is a warm full sensation in your chest that feels like your body is glowing from the inside. When I looked at, talked to, or thought about "Mr Right-Now", it just wasn’t there.  *Sigh*
It did sting a little when a mutual friend told me he got back with his ex, but I can’t blame him for anything more than his lack of honesty. Even when I tried to clear the air he continued to pretend that he was none the wiser about why…. Silly boys.
There is a guy out there, one that I care about deeply but also who I’m not sure is capable of a commitment that could last longer than a weekend, a man that makes my heart smile for the first time in ages.   At this age we are all jaded, we’ve all been hurt, and we all have baggage… I feel like his might fit with mine. The problem is I’m so unwilling to lose what I have in my friend that I’ll never have the bravery to tell him how I feel, even though a part of me feels like it might be reciprocated. What a way to live…

No comments:

Post a Comment