Thursday, March 7, 2013

Predictable Outcome



Well the conclusion of the last post wasn’t at all unexpected and it sealed the deal forever, I am officially over him (I can even listen to love songs again and it doesn’t hurt.) He assaulted me and for the first time in over five years of being quiet I spoke out, I called the police and he was arrested.  I thought that the guilt over putting him in jail would eat me alive, but I didn’t ever feel guilty, I felt empowered.       I am not a victim of my life; I get to decide what I allow to happen to my body.  I am going ahead with a restraining order that would be in place for at least a year. That’ll hopefully give him some time to cool off and get his head together. Right now while everything is falling down around him he seems really unstable, always hinting at hurting himself or others, and that’s the last thing I want.
*Sigh* I’m glad for this to finally be over, for him to finally be out of my life, or at least as much out of my life as he can be with us sharing children. He’s threatened to leave the state… I honestly wish he would, my life has been so much easier with him out of the picture, and I have no idea if it’s related but I haven’t had a single nightmare since he went in. He gets arraigned on Monday, hopefully that goes smoothly but either way, I’m okay now. I’m convinced that My Prince Charming is out there, and when the right time comes he’ll find me and by then I’ll be in a place in my life when I can take the time to really get to know someone, and to really be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment